One of the important details of a house or a building in general is the flooring. It both serves functions and aesthetic, which makes it crucial to choose the best tiles for your flooring. It sounds easy to choose tiles for your floor knowing the number of tiles available in the market today. However, with so many options comes a difficult decision. One of the most preferred options is floor ceramic tiles (กระเบื้องปูพื้น, term in Thai). In this article, we will discuss the things you need to keep in mind when choosing tiles for your floor.
- Functions –Every space in a house serves a particular purpose. Therefore, the tile you choose must match the particular function of the space. For example, when choosing tiles for kitchen and bathroom, you need to choose the one that is sturdy enough to withstand pressure and excessive amount of water. Choose the tile that is resistant to water and porous materials. For aesthetic purpose, choose tile colors that are neutral and light as such create an illusion of a bigger space.
- Consider the size and shape of the tiles – It is a proven fact that the size and shape of the tiles can greatly affect the entire appearance of the space. It can enhance the overall look of the space. If you are having a hard time deciding what size and shape to choose, you can always ask for suggestions from the store in charge.
- Tile colors – The choice of tile color is another important thing to keep in mind. It can greatly accentuate the overall feel and look of the space. You have to also realize that some tile colors work for a particular room while others don’t. If the space is somewhat tight, you can opt for light colored tiles as they help create an illusion of a bigger and airy space. Should you wish to use dark colored tiles, you have to make sure the space is large enough so as not to create a tight feeling. Ideally, dark colored tiles are used outdoors as well as kitchen space that seems to be large space.
- Space -The spacing of floor tiles is one thing that must be given outmost consideration. How you install the tiles can greatly influence the overall appearance of the space. Grout comes in various colors and is a must to use grout color that perfectly matches the tiles.
- Finishing – Another important aspect to think about is the tile finishing. For exterior purpose, stone tiles work best. For indoor flooring, glossy tiles are the best options. For wood finishes, it can best used in the kitchen and bedrooms as such provide a warm feeling.
There you go – choosing tiles for your home can be one of the most exciting yet daunting tasks considering the lucrative selections out there. Hopefully the ones mentioned above can help narrow down your choice. It would help a lot if you are going to do a thorough research and of course consider your budget prior to shopping for tiles.